What it is?
Dermaplaning is a low-risk skin care treatment that removes dead skin cells and vellus hair. Dermatologists and estheticians uses a medical-grade scalpel to scrape across the surface of the skin. The main reason people do it is to remove the vellus hairs on their faces aka peach fuzz.
What are the benefits?
· Promotes smoother skin
· Reduces the appearance of acne scars
· It can be performed prior to treatments like facials, laser, microdermabrasion, and chemical peels for better product penetration.
· It can be performed frequently.
· It helps makeup go on smoother and more evenly.
· Removes soft facial hair that traps dirt and oils
· Overall a safe procedure
· Diminishes the look of fine lines
· Works on all skin types
· Instant results with little to no downtime
· The hair won’t grow back thicker or darker.
What are the side effects?
· Typically more expensive than other hair-removal treatments.
· The results are not very long-lasting than other hair-removal methods, such as waxing, as the hair is not removed from the root but it all depends on a client’s individual hair-growth cycle.
· Clients with cystic acne should avoid this type of hair removal, as it can cause further irritation.
· Can sometimes cause skin to peel